Gulab Jamun is a very famous sweet dish in India. Everyone loves it a lot. It’s very tasty and easy to make. It has some points that we have to follow while cooking it to make the perfect Gulab jamun. Gulab Jamun has a sweet and burnt flavor.
Gulab Jamun is hard on the outside and totally soft on the inside, and it’s a beauty of the hard outside. Give the perfect texture of the sweet and the soft inside give the perfect flavor to the Gulab jamun. So without wasting any time, let’s get started on how to make India’s favorite sweet Gulab Jamun, with simple steps and delicious flavor.
In order to make Gulab Jamun, the ingredients We need are a hundred grams of Mawa, 1 tablespoon of Suji, 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda, 2 teaspoons of sugar, 2 teaspoons of water half a cup of milk 4 cardamom Desi ghee, and most importantly your love.
- So the first step for making Gulab Jamun is to take a bowl.
- Now take the Mawa and mash it very well. Now add Suji or Maida as per your choice and 2 teaspoons of milk. The test will be the same. and baking soda and now mix it well and make a smooth dough out of it make sure there is no crack on the dough and it’s very smooth. If the door is dry, you can add milk and mix the dough Once again so that the moisture comes in and it becomes Smooth.
- Now make small balls of Dough. After this in a Kadai, take oil for frying the Gulab Jamun and add 2 teaspoons of Desi ghee to it so that the flavor comes in the oil. The gas flame should be high and the oil is medium hot.
- Add the balls to The Kadai. Make sure you add it sidewise. If you don’t then the oil will splash. Now cook the balls until the balls turn brown.
- After they turn brown, take a plate and cover the plate with tissue paper. Now take out the Gulab Jamun on the plate tissue paper soak the extra oil and make the Gulab Jamun crispier outside.
- For making the Chashni or sugar syrup, take a pan on medium flame. Add 2 cups of water and one and a half cups of sugar. Now cook it till the sugar is mixed with the water properly.
- Now add some cardamom powder, it will enhance the flavor of Chashni and also give a sweet fragrance to it. You can also use half a teaspoon of lemon juice to remove the dirt from the Chashni. It’s your choice, not compulsory.
- After deep frying the Gulab Jamun and soaking in the extra oil from it, immediately add the Gulab Jamun to the Chashni. The Chashni has to be a little hot so that Gulab Jamun soaks it well. After 10 to 15 minutes, your Gulab Jamun is ready to eat, you can eat it hot and you can also cool it down in the fridge for 2 to 3 hours and it also tastes very delicious.
The point we should remember while cooking Gulab Jamun is that the dough must be soft. We have to avoid overcooking the Gulab jamun balls and the most important thing when we are trying the Gulab Jamun is that the oil should be not very hot it’s super hot then the Gulab Jamun will not cook properly inside, it will be cooked in the outside the Chashni should be hot when we’re dipping, the Gulab Jamun, balls in it so that the Gulab Jamun balls are able to soak the Chashni properly and lastly, the Gulab Jamun should not be soaked in the Chashni for very long time. We have to just Deep the Gulab Jamun balls in the Chashni for 10 to 15 minutes that’s it.
I hope this Gulab Jamun recipe is helpful for you and you are able to make the perfect Gulab Jamun. Thanks for reading.