Kaju Barfi is a famous Indian dessert. It’s very tasty and easy to make. Kaju barfi is loved by everyone in India, especially in north India. There are some points that we have to keep in mind when we are making it so that we make it perfect. Kaju barfi is the pure taste of Kaju.
The blend of sugar and Kaju is amazing and the star of the dish is Kaju which gives a very rich texture to the dish. So without wasting any time, let’s get started on how to make Kaju barfi. With simple steps and delicious flavor.
In order to make Kaju barfi, all we need are just five ingredients. Yes, you heard it right. Just four ingredients, which are Kaju or cashew, sugar, Desi ghee, cardamom powder, and silver coating if you want not compulsory, it’s only for decoration and doesn’t affect the test at all. and most importantly your love.
- So the first step to make Kaju barfi is to take a pan add two teaspoons of cashew and roast it nicely when a sweet fragrance is released and the cashew is Slightly Golden turn off the gas and cools it down.
- Now grind the cashew or Kaju into a powder using a mixer.
- Now start to make a Chashni or sugar syrup. Take a pan on medium flame, add one cup of sugar and 1 cup of water, and make a thick Chashni out of it. Add cardamom powder to make it more flavourful and your Chashni is ready. Now take a pan and add cashew powder and the sugar syrup slowly and cook until it releases oil and quickly make a mixture out of it.
- If the mixture is too dry, you can add Desi ghee to make it perfect now when Kaju powder and sugar syrup make a soft dough. You have to take it out in a steel plate and before taking it out grease the steel plate with Desi ghee.
- Now spread the Kaju mixture and roll it down, not too thin. Now you have to top it with a silver coating. It depends upon you. It’s not too compulsory. It’s just for the beauty and also doesn’t add any taste so it doesn’t not depend on it at all.
- After this, you have to cut the Kaju barfi in diamond shape or whatever you like and it’s ready to eat and enjoy.
The master tip while cooking Kaju barfi is to avoid overcooking the Kaju with Desi ghee before you grind it into powder. Don’t make thin sugar syrup or Chashni it is difficult to mix the Kaju powder and thin sugar syrup and it’s very difficult to make a perfect mixture out of it. Don’t overcook the mixture. when you are cooking the Kaju powder at the Chashni, the gas must be in medium flame. Don’t add all the sugar syrup at one time it will ruin the taste. While rolling down the Kaju mixture, don’t roll it too thin.
I hope this was helpful for you and that you are able to make the perfect Kaju barfi at home. Thanks for reading.