Rasgulla is a famous desert in India. It’s loved by everyone and it’s very tasty. It’s super simple to make but it has some points that we have to keep in mind while making it so that we make it perfect. Rasgulla is a beautiful blend of the creaminess of milk and the sweetness of sugar.
The spongy consistency of the Rasgulla makes it super delicious. Overall Rasgulla is a very flavourful dessert that is fresh and rich. So without wasting any time, let’s get started on how to make Rasgulla at home with simple steps and delicious flavor.
In order to make rasgulla the ingredients all we need are 2 L of milk, lemon juice, cardamom powder, sugar, and most importantly your love.
- The first step to make Rasgulla is to take a Kadai or pan and now start boiling the milk. I am using 2 L of milk. You can use milk according to the pieces of Rasgulla you want.
- Now after boiling, we will add lemon juice slowly and don’t add all the lemon juice at one time. Now the milk will curdle. And the Paneer is ready.
- Now strain the Paneer with the help of a muslin cloth and wash it with super cold water to remove the tangy taste of lemon juice. Wash the Paneer twice. And hang muslin cloth for 8 to 10 hours so that the extra water comes out.
- Now let’s make the Chashni or sugar syrup for making the sugar syrup. Take a pan in a medium gas flame, add 1 cup of sugar, and one and a half cups of water, and make a thin sugar syrup out of it.
- You have to cook it until the sugar and water mix with each other. Lastly, add some cardamom powder to enhance the taste of the Chashni.
- After 8 to 10 hours, take out the curdled milk or Paneer from the muslin cloth. Take a steel plate and now start to smooth it with the help of your palm.
- Smooth it until there are no lumps. After smoothing it, make small balls out of it. take a pressure cooker, remove the rubber and the whistle from it, and in medium flame pour the Chashni into the pressure cooker and add the balls of Paneer that you made.
- Now boil the Rasgulla with Chashni for 10 to 15 minutes. Until the Rasgulla becomes double in size. After this, cool down the rasgulla and keep the rasgulla in the fridge for 7 to 8 hours for the proper test.
The master steps while making the Rasgulla are when You’re curdling the milk. Don’t add too much lemon juice at one time. Add it slowly if you add it at one time it will add a tangy taste you can’t remove it. Don’t make thick Chashni if you make thick Chashni the Rasgulla will not be able to properly soak it.
Smooth the Paneer or curdled milk very well if you don’t then the Rasgulla with crack while making the balls, and it will break when you cook it with Chashni or sugar syrup. Remove the rubber and the whistle from the pressure cooker before pouring the Chashni or cooking. It’s necessary. If you don’t, then the rubber and whistle will get super hot and it will ruin the Rasgulla taste and I can also hurt you so it’s really important.
I hope this is helpful for you and that you are able to make the perfect Rasgulla at home. Thanks for reading.