Shahi Paneer is a famous Indian dish. It’s very famous in north India. It is very tasty and easy to make. But there are some points that we have to keep in mind when we are making it in order to make it perfect. Shahi Paneer is a creamy dish with a masala twist.
The main taste of the Shahi Paneer is the creamy texture with the blend of masala which makes it the perfect dish for your lunch or dinner. So without wasting any time let’s get started on how to make Shahi Paneer at home with simple steps and delicious flavour.
In order to make Shahi Paneer, the ingredients we need are 250 g of Paneer, and we have to cut it. In the size of cubes one medium size tomato 2 onions, 5 to 6 cashew, 1 tablespoon coriander seeds, 1 to 2 clove Bay leaf, 1 small cinnamon, 2 cardamoms, ginger, and garlic paste 1 teaspoon, 1/4 teaspoon of turmeric powder, half teaspoon of red chili powder, half teaspoon of coriander powder, 1 drop of red food, color, if you want perfect color, 1/3 cup of hung curd, 1/3 cup of hot water, half teaspoon of sugar, 2 teaspoons of fresh cream, 1/4 teaspoon of garam masala, 2 to 3 threads of saffron, 3 teaspoons of oil or desi ghee, salt, as per your taste, half teaspoon of Kasuri methi and most importantly your love.
- So the first step in order to make Shahi Paneer is to Take a pan, now dry roast coriander seeds and cashews,s and make a fine powder out of it.
- Now take a Kadai in medium flame and add some oil clove bay leaf, cinnamon, cardamom, and onion paste to it.
- Now cook it nicely until the onion turns golden brown. It will take at least 3 to 4 minutes.
- Now add ginger, garlic paste, turmeric powder, red chili powder, coriander powder, one drop of red food, color, cashew, and coriander seed powder that we made in the first step, and cook it well.
- After this add tomato Puree and salt as per your taste.
- Now cook it for 2 to 4 minutes after cooking for 2 to 4 minutes.
- Add hung curd, sugar, and 1/3 cup of hot water. Cook it for 4 to 5 minutes. After the mixture releases oil, turn off the gas. Cool down the mixture and add the powder of clove cinnamon bay leaf and cardamom that we had made in the earlier step.
- After adding the powder of the masala that we made Grind the mixture in the mixture now add the mixture once again to the Kadai, now add fresh cream garam masala powder, and saffron, we have to solve the saffron in the water or in milk before adding it in the mixture.
- Now cook the mixture for 1 to 2 minutes and add the Paneer cubes to the mixture. Now Cook the mixture for 3 to 4 minutes and turn off the gas. Your Shahi Paneer is ready to serve with Kasuri methi and 1 tablespoon of cream on top of it and enjoy.
The Master tip when we are making Shahi Paneer is, that we don’t have to overcook the mixture and the cream when we are roasting the masala, the gas flame should be low to medium to avoid burning of it. After adding the Paneer, we should cook the mixture for max to max 8 to 10 minutes. Over-cooking Paneer can destroy the natural taste of it. Will be a cutting Paneer, Paneer should be of medium size not too small. If it is too small, then it will mix with the mixture and the total test will be not perfect.
I hope this will be helpful for you and that you are also able to make the perfect Shahi Paneer at home. Thanks for reading.